RELAX mind and body. BOOST immune system and mood. MELT stress and tension.
What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage techniques form the basis of popular Western massage today, but of course massage is an ancient practice. Its popularity speaks for itself, but massage has more to offer than simply a feeling of relaxation, it helps the body and mind by easing out tension, improving circulation and stimulating lymphatic drainage.
What does a treatment involve?
Lay and relax on the treatment couch, clothing removed from the areas to be massaged (underwear kept on). You will have full privacy at all times as you will be covered by a large soft towel. Swedish massage is delivered to the legs, arms, back, feet, hands, neck and head (depending on the treatment chosen) with a nourishing massage oil.
Melt the Stress
30 minutes | £18
Back, neck & shoulders
Feel revived with a full back, shoulder, neck and head massage. Perfect if you're stress or tense and need a pick-me-up. Your back works hard, whether you're leading an active lifestyle or regularly sat at a desk, so give it a treat! Neck and shoulders are hot spots for tension and massage can help reduce common tension-related headaches.
60 minutes | £28 (£23 with Peachy Maintenance)
Get back to equilibrium with a full body massage. Head, neck, shoulders, back, arms, hands, legs and feet are all included (any parts can be left out if preferred) and this is the most beneficial option if you really need to relax the whole body and fully recharge.
How will massage help me?
As will all holistic treatments, massage works on both the physiological and psychological levels.
Physically, the skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, lymphatic and nervous systems benefit in a number of ways including:
- Speeds up regeneration of skin due to increased circulation
- Helps the body remove toxins
- Improves skin colour
- Improves elasticity, resulting in younger looking skin
- Encourages suppleness and resistance to infection
A tonic to your aching muscles
- Relieves tight, stiff or spasming muscles
- Reduces muscular fatigue and soreness
- Improves circulation meaning more nutrients are delivered to muscles and toxins removed
Help for the natural functions of the body
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces poor blood flow easing localised pain
- Increases lymphatic drainage, easing excess fluid
- Relaxes respiratory muscles, increasing lung capacity and deepening respiration
- Improves digestion, helping IBS and related symptoms
Stress buster and mood booster
- Stimulates and soothes the nervous and parasympathetic nervous system
- Releases endorphins (body’s natural painkillers and mood enhancers)
Mental and emotional balance
- Increases feelings of vitality and energy
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Promotes deep relaxation and sleep
- Eases emotional trauma
- Reduces symptoms of depression
- Rejuvenates body and mind
- Boosts self-esteem
- Increases awareness of posture
- Stimulates physical activity - you’ll want to reach for those gym shoes!
- Promotes feelings of happiness and wellbeing